Model 3150 Wafer/Film Frame Tape Applicator
Semiconductor Equipment Corporation's Model 3100 & 3150 Wafer/Film Frame Tape Applicators apply tape with optimal control of temperature and pressure parameters. Uniform, bubble-free mounting of tape for wafer dicing is the result. State-of-the-art features make them two of the most advanced systems available. The Model 3100 handles wafers up to 6" in diameter, while the Model 3150 handles any size wafer up to 8" in diameter. Both models are so versatile, they can operate with virtually any film frame.
- Up to 8" wafer capability standard.
- Accepts all film frames (specify type and size).
- Manual tape feed.
- Manual tape tensioner.
- Compatible with standard or interleaved tape.
- Vacuum stage wafer hold-down., adjustable to 60 º C. maximum.
- Built in peeler assembly for tape separation.
- Captive roller assembly assures consistent wafer/film frame contact pressure.
- Adjustable spring loaded platen for optimum contact pressure.
- CE Certification.
Bubble Free Tape Application
The captive roller applies the tape to the wafer and film frame in a manner that excludes entrapped air. The result is bubble-free tape mounting.
Safe, Accurate Tape Trimming System
The tape cutting system is fast, safe and accurate, using a circular blade.
Uniform Tape Tensioner
The tape is held by the tensioning frame until it is rolled into contact with the wafer and film frame. Tape is stretched uniformly in all directions.
Works with All Standard Film Frames
Frames are accurately positioned against locating pins and magnets hold the frames in place
Adjustable, Machine Controlled Roller Pressure
The captive roller and spring loaded platen work together to guarantee repeatable mounting pressure. Repeatable pressure is important for repeatable adhesion. Spring tension may be set at various levels.
Closed Loop Temperature Control
A digital temperature controller regulates platen temperature up to 75 º C. Repeatable mounting temperature is important for repeatable adhesion.
Optional Non-Contact Platen
When it is undesirable for the face of the wafer to come into contact with the platen, an optional Non-Contact Platen is available. With the non-contact platen, the wafer is held in position by vacuum along a narrow ridge around the perimeter. A pressure backup supports the wafer during the tape application. The majority of the wafer remains untouched.
New Motorized Take-Up System
Motorized Take-up System to gather the liner from dicing tape onto a disposable core.Many semiconductor dicing tapes have a protective liner, which has to be gathered and disposed of. This option makes that process effortless and convenient.
Optional Static Eliminator
Located in the tape path, this device prevents static electricity from building up in the tape.
- Standard aluminum anodized chuck for 6" or 8" wafers with concentric scribed lines for accurate wafer positioning.
- Teflon chuck for thin and small diameter wafers to minimize wafer stress during application.
- Adapter for use only on Model 3150 to accommodate 6" film frames.
- Static Eliminator with power supply.
- Non-Contact assembly with the following features:
- Aluminum non-contact puck designed for one wafer.
- Pressure back-up to support wafer during tape application.
- Controls to remove back-up pressure when tape roller is off the wafer.
- Pressure regulator to maintain correct back-up pressure.
- Additional aluminum non-contact puck.
- Squeegee tape applicator. A flexible blade follows wafer contour. Best for thin wafers used with the non-contact chuck.
- Recommended Spare Parts Kit.
- 220V Option.
- Weight: 75 lbs.
- Height: 8"
- Length: 28"
- Width: 14"
- Shipping Weight: 80 lbs.
- Voltage: 110 or 220 VAC-50/60 Hz - Vacuum: 25" H2O - Current 3 A
- CE Certified